Wednesday, January 27, 2021

In Memoriam: Rufino Rodriguez

I was saddened to read an obituary of Rufino Rodriguez, who died on 23 January 2021 of the coronavirus just a few months short of retirement. Rufino was a respiratory therapist at Utah Valley Hospital. I only knew him by his first name. He saved my daughter's life more times than I can count. The same is true for my son as well. When one of my younger sons was not breathing when he was born, I knew that he would be fine, because Rufino was there.

I do not know for certain, but I strongly suspect that Rufino caught the disease that took his life from someone that he was trying to save from it. He was certainly a blessing in our lives and I suspect has been a blessing in the lives of many others. We need more heroes like Rufino.

Each life that touches ours for good / Reflects thine own great mercy Lord . . .